- the enphase.com, installers.enphase.com, estimator.enphaseenergy.com, community.enphase.com, service.enphaseenergy.com, store.enphase.com, start.enphase.com, solargraf.com, app.solargraf.com, roofgraf.com, app.roofgraf.com, solarleadfactory.com, understandsolar.com, and understandsolar.org websites;
- the Enphase web-based application called the Enphase App, MyEnlighten, my.enphase.com, and enlighten.enphaseenergy.com;
- the Enphase mobile applications (including the Enphase App, MyEnlighten, Enlighten Manager and Installer Toolkit);
- our application programming interface (“API”) developer website (developer.enphase.com); and
We provide important information for California residents below.
We provide important information for Australian and New Zealand users below.
We provide important information for Mexico users below.
Table of Contents
- Personal Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- How We Share your Personal Information
- Your Choices
- Other sites, mobile applications and services
- Security practices
- International data transfers
- How to Contact Us
- Regional Specific Privacy Information
Personal Information We Collect
Information you provide to us. Personal information you provide to us through the Service or otherwise may include:
- Business and personal contact information, such as your first and last name, email and physical addresses, phone number, professional title, and company name.
- Content you choose to upload to the Service, such as text, images, audio, video, and digital signatures, along with the metadata associated with the files you upload.
- Profile information, such as your username and password that you may set to establish an online account with us, your account name, account number, Enphase system identification number, photograph, interests, and preferences.
- Registration information, such as information that may be related to a service, an account or an event for which you register.
- Feedback or correspondence, such as information you provide when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise correspond with us online.
- Demographic Information, such as your street address, city, state, country of residence, and postal code.
- Energy information, such as your energy production, electric bill, solar installation contract, energy consumption, battery settings and usage history, other load consumption or production, and other information relating to any of your energy resources.
- Site information, such as information related to your solar installation including roof type, house size, device configuration settings, appliance usage, microinverter details, system configuration settings, electrical circuit breaker and panel details, permit information, and photographs.
- Financial information, such as your electric bill. Information provided to make a purchase such as payment card information, financial account number, and billing information is never collected or stored by Enphase, but is provided directly to third-party payment processors such as Stripe, Authorize.net, and Paypal (depending on the site). Information provided for a financing application on our websites such as social security number, income information, and other financial and personal information is similarly not collected or stored by Enphase, but is provided directly to third-party lending partners. Enphase may receive an indication of the results of such application from the lending partners (e.g., amount of loan and identity of financial institution).
- Transaction information, such as information about your billing address, payments to and from you, customer number, and other details of products or services you have purchased from us.
- Usage information, such as information about how you use the Service and interact with us, including information associated with any meter identifier (make, model and serial number) or augmented revenue grade meter data (such as cumulative counter ending values as of the end of the month), output information, efficiency and other technical variables, content you upload to the websites or otherwise submit to us, and information you provide when you use any interactive features of the Service.
- Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our activities, events, and publications, and details about how you engage with our communications. We also may conduct user surveys, and research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products and surveys.
Information we collect through our products: The IQ Gateway (either as a stand-alone product or part of an IQ Combiner) is the networking hub that connects Enphase hardware (such as microinverters, IQ Batteries, and IQ System Controllers) of an Enphase Energy System System suite to our monitoring and management software. Once the IQ Gateway is connected to the internet, it begins reporting your energy production, consumption, and site information to us and will continue to do so as long as it is online.
Information we obtain from other third parties. We may receive personal information about you from third-party sources. For example, a business partner, such as a solar energy system installer, a grid services aggregator, or a utility may share your contact and energy-related information with us if you have expressed interest in learning specifically about our products or services, or the types of products or services we offer. Similarly, a business partner may share profile or registration information if they assist you in setting up an Enphase Account. We may obtain your personal information from other third parties, such as marketing partners, publicly-available sources, existing Enphase customers, and data providers. In certain circumstances, Enphase collects your personal information from your installer at your direction. These third-parties’ privacy policies govern their sharing of information with Enphase and their other processing, so we advise you to contact the third-parties for further information.
On our webpages, this information is collected using cookies, browser web storage (also known as locally stored objects, or “LSOs”), web beacons, and similar technologies. Our emails may also contain web beacons. In our mobile application, we may collect this information directly or through our use of third-party software development kits (“SDKs”). SDKs may enable third parties to collect information directly from our mobile application.
Referrals. Users of the Service may have the opportunity to refer other individuals to us. If you are an existing user, you may only submit a referral to us if you have permission to provide the referral’s contact information to us so that we may contact them.
How We Use Your Personal Information
To operate our Business. We may use your personal information to:
- provide, operate and improve our business, including to provide the services that you request (including the Service);
- provide information about our products and services;
- establish and maintain your user profile on the Service;
- enable security features of the Service, such as by sending you security codes via email or text, and remembering devices from which you have previously logged into the Service;
- facilitate social features of the Service, such as providing chat or messaging functionality;
- communicate with you about the Service, including by sending you notices about your system’s energy consumption and production, announcements, updates, security alerts, support, service related matters, and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about events, programs or contests in which you participate;
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service and our communications;
- provide customer support and maintenance for the Service; and
- respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
For research and development. We analyze your use of the Service (including your personal information such as demographics) to improve the Service, to develop new products and services, and to market and promote our business.
To send marketing and promotional communications. We may send Enphase-related marketing communications as permitted by law. Recipients of our marketing communications will have the ability to opt-out of our marketing and promotional communications as described in the Opt-out of Marketing Communications section below.
To display advertisements. We may work with advertising partners to display advertisements on the Service or elsewhere online. Our third-party advertising partners (e.g., Google Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook, and others) may automatically collect information about you when you use the Service through methods such as cookies and other tracking technologies (as further described below). Such third-party advertisers may use such information about you to display advertisements on the Service or elsewhere online, and such advertising may be targeted to you based on your use of the Service or your activity elsewhere online. To learn more about your choices in connection with advertisements delivered to you by our third-party advertising partners, please see the section below titled “Targeted online advertising.”
Targeted online advertising includes displaying advertisements on social media through programs offered by partners like Facebook Lookalike Audience. Facebook Lookalike Audience enables us to target users of Facebook who “look like” our existing or prospective customers. A lookalike audience uses an existing custom/tailored audience group as a “seed,” which may include identifiers that we provide them like your email, or online identifiers automatically collected by them like your usage information or device data. To this end and as permitted by law, we may transfer your contact data to Facebook, so that an audience of similar users is built on that basis by Facebook. Lookalike audiences help reach people who are similar to you for purposes such as customer acquisition, site registration and brand awareness. We do not provide data subject to the GDPR for Facebook Lookalike Audience.
To comply with law. We use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
For protection of rights, fraud prevention, and safety. We may use your personal information and disclose it to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties as we believe necessary or appropriate to: (a) protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and (c) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
With your consent. In certain circumstances, we may specifically ask for you to consent to the collection, use or sharing of your personal information, such as when required by law or in connection with a specific offering in which you have elected to participate.
To create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data. We may create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data from your personal information and other individuals whose personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and promote our business.
We share your personal information as described below with the following entities.
With your Consent. We may share your personal information with your consent or as otherwise instructed by you.
To Fulfill your Request. In order to carry out our obligation or contract to you, or fulfill your request, we may need to share your personal information. For example, if you order a product then we need to share your contact information with our shipping partner; if you wish to get a quote from an installer then we will need to provide them your information; or if you wish to enroll in a Grid Services program then we may need to provide your contact and system information with a utility and/or aggregator.
Service providers. We may share your personal information with third party companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Service (such as payment processors, customer support, hosting, analytics, email delivery, marketing, database management, as well as permit and rebate application preparation and submission services).
Third Party Energy Providers. At your direction, we may share or instruct our service providers to share your personal information with third-party energy provider partners or enable third party energy provider partners to collect information directly via our Service. For example, if you wish to sign up with a third-party energy provider (such as a utility company or an energy aggregator) or submit an application to a utility or governmental authority, we may share your information with such provider. This may include, without limitation, your name, email address, system location information, meter identifier information, and augmented revenue grade meter data.
Installers and their Partners. If you grant us permission, we may share your information with an installer of Enphase systems for purposes of facilitating a transaction; monitoring and servicing your Enphase product; customer service; and/or other purposes. This may include your system’s energy consumption and usage times. The installer may partner with other companies with whom your information is shared (for example, for solar renewable energy certificate (“SREC”) reporting services, third-party owners if you finance your system through a lease or power purchase agreement, or system maintainers).
Developers Using our API. We may share your personal information and performance data about your system with developers via our API. This sharing of information is done upon your written consent. We are joint data controllers with the developers who are using our API for any data we share with them but separate controllers for any other processing activities they undertake. If you would like to exercise any of your data subject rights, you can contact either us or the developer.
Social Media Networks and Advertisers. Subject to your marketing preferences, we share information with social media networks, such as Facebook, and advertisers to present our ads to you on other platforms. For example, we may share with Facebook actions that you take on our website such as your visits to our website, your interactions on our website, use of Facebook tools such as Facebook Connect, and information collected from cookies or similar technologies including the Facebook pixel. This allows us to measure the effectiveness of our advertising, improve our marketing practices, and helps us deliver more relevant advertising to you (including on social media such as Facebook): for this activity, we are a joint data controller with Facebook. This means that we have to provide you with this notice, but you should contact Facebook if you wish to exercise your data protection rights. Further information, including how Facebook enables you to exercise your data protection rights, and subsequently processes your information as independent data controller can be found in Facebook’s Data Policy.
Other Users of the Service and the Public. We may provide functionality that enables you to disclose personal information to other users of the Service or the public to exchange ideas and information or otherwise communicate. For instance, you may be able to submit information through the Enphase Developer Website or Enphase Community forum, and you may choose to display your name, username, and a link to your user profile along with the content you submit. We do not control how other users or third parties use any personal information that you make available to other users or the public.
Professional advisors. We may disclose your personal information to professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Governmental Authorities and Private Parties. We may share your personal information in connection with protection of rights, fraud prevention and safety, as described above.
Business transfers. We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our business or assets, including your personal information, in connection with a business transaction (or potential business transaction) such as a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy or dissolution.
In this section, we describe the rights and choices available to all users. Users who are located in California, the European Economic Area, Australia & New Zealand, and Mexico can find additional information about their rights below.
Access or Update Your Information. If you have registered for an Enphase Account, you may review and update certain personal information in your account profile by logging into the Enphase Account.
Opt-out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, and by contacting us at our privacy office as indicated below, and, if you have an Enphase Account, by adjusting your preferences in the settings section for both mobile and web applications. If you receive marketing text messages from us, you may opt out of receiving further marketing text messages from us by replying STOP to our marketing message. Even if you opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us you may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing communications.
Privacy settings. We may make available certain privacy settings on the Service, such as options to control how and whether we share your data with installers. If available, you may exercise these controls using the settings section in both mobile and web applications.
Targeted online advertising. Some of the business partners that may collect information about users’ activities on or through the Service may be members of organizations or programs that provide choices to individuals regarding the use of their browsing behavior or mobile application usage for purposes of targeted advertising. Users may opt out of receiving targeted advertising on websites through members of the Network Advertising Initiative by clicking here or the Digital Advertising Alliance by clicking here. European users may opt out of receiving targeted advertising on websites through members of the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance by clicking here, selecting the user’s country, and then clicking “Choices” (or similarly titled link). Users of our mobile applications may opt out of receiving targeted advertising in mobile apps through participating members of the Digital Advertising Alliance by installing the AppChoices mobile applications, available here, and selecting the user’s choices. Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms and these companies may not participate in the opt-out mechanisms that we reference and link above.
If you choose to opt-out of targeted advertisements, you will still see advertisements online but they may not be relevant to you. Even if you do choose to opt out, not all companies that serve online behavioral advertising are included in the opt-out mechanisms provided above, so you may still receive some cookies and tailored advertisements from companies that are not listed.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Choosing not to share your personal information. Where we are required by law to collect your personal information and you do not provide it or you ask us to delete it, we may not be able to provide the Service to you. Additionally, we may not be able to provide you with the Service or the quality of the Service may be affected if (1) you do not provide personal information when requested (2) you withdraw consent previously given or (3) you later ask to delete it. We will tell you what information you must provide to receive the Service by designating it as required at the time of collection or through other appropriate means.
Other sites, mobile applications and services
The Service may contain links to other websites, mobile applications, and other online services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or in mobile applications or online services that are not associated with us. We do not control third party websites, mobile applications or online services, and we are not responsible for their actions. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding the collection, use and sharing of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites and mobile applications and online services you use.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We employ a number of organizational, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
International data transfers
We are headquartered in the United States, have operations in other countries, and may have service providers in other countries. Accordingly, your personal information may be transferred to the United States, or other locations outside of your state, province, or country, where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country. European Union users should read the important information provided below about transfer of personal information outside of the European Union.
The Service is not directed to, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from, anyone under the age of 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us. We will delete such information from our files as soon as reasonably practicable. We encourage parents with concerns to contact us.
How to Contact Us
You may direct any questions or comments about this Policy or our privacy practices to our privacy office and your communication will be handled by our privacy team (including what is sometimes referred to as a Grievance Officer, Data Protection Officer, or Privacy Officer). Our privacy office may be contacted by:
- Clicking on the Privacy link, Settings/Do Not Sell My Personal Information link, or SecurePrivacy trust badge at the bottom of any website;
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- calling us toll free at 1-877-797-4743 and selecting option 6;
- Sending postal mail to:
Enphase Energy, Inc.
Attn: Legal – Privacy
47281 Bayside Pkwy.
Fremont, CA 94538
Important Information for California Residents
This section applies only to California residents. It describes how we collect, use and share Personal Information of California residents in operating our business, and their rights with respect to that Personal Information. For purposes of this section, “Personal Information” has the meaning given in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) but does not include information exempted from the scope of the CCPA.
Your California privacy rights. As a California resident, you have the rights listed below. However, these rights are not absolute, and in certain cases we may decline your request as permitted by law.
- Information. You can request the following information about how we have collected and used your Personal Information during the past 12 months:
- The categories of Personal Information that we have collected.
- The categories of sources from which we collected Personal Information.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting and/or selling Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information.
- Whether we have disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, and if so, the categories of Personal Information received by each category of third party recipient.
- Whether we’ve sold your Personal Information, and if so, the categories of Personal Information received by each category of third party recipient.
- Access. You can request a copy of the Personal Information that we have collected about you during the past 12 months.
- Deletion. You can ask us to delete the Personal Information that we have collected from you.
- Opt-in. If we know that you are younger than 16 years old, we will ask for your permission (or if you are younger than 13 years old, your parent’s or guardian’s permission) to sell your Personal Information before we do so.
- Nondiscrimination. You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination in the form of legally prohibited increases in the price or decreases in the quality of our Service.
- Opt-out of sales. In conducting the Service, we do not “sell” your Personal Information in the traditional sense of transferring Personal Information in return “for monetary or other valuable consideration.” We may share identifying information and performance data about your system to developers using our API. This sharing of information is done on terms governed by our API License Agreement, and only upon your written consent. Because your consent and actions in relation to those developers are a deliberate interaction directing us to provide this information to the developer we do not consider this sharing a “sale,” but because we are not always privy to the consent that you provide the developer or the nature of those interactions, in some cases our transfer of data may be classified as a “sale” under California law. Additionally, like many companies, we use certain advertising services that help deliver an improved advertising experience to you, such as providing interest-based ads to you. California law may classify our use of these advertising services as a “sale” of your Personal Information to these companies that provide these types of interest-based advertising. This is because we allow them to collect information from our website users (specifically, online identifiers and browsing activity) and they use this data to serve interest-based ads to you. Additionally, in certain circumstances, for example when the installer of your existing system is no longer available, we will pass on your contact information and site information to a follow-on installer to service your system at your direction. Sharing such information with the installers may also be classified as a “sale” of your Personal Information to those installers under California law. You may nonetheless submit a request to opt-out. In addition, if you direct us not to sell your Personal Information, we will consider it a request pursuant to California’s “Shine the Light” law to stop sharing your personal information covered by that law with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
How to exercise your rights
You may exercise your privacy rights by any of the methods listed in the “How to Contact Us” section above.
We reserve the right to confirm your California residence to process your requests and will need to confirm your identity to process your requests to exercise your information, access or deletion rights. As part of this process, government-identification or verified statements may be required. Consistent with California law, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. In order to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, you must provide a valid power of attorney, the requester’s valid government-issued identification, and the authorized agent’s valid government-issued identification. We cannot process your request if you do not provide us with sufficient detail to allow us to understand and respond to it.
Personal information that we collect, use and share
|Categories of PI|
(click for details that will take you to the California legislative website)
|PI We Collected||PI Source||Purpose for PI collection||Categories of third parties to whom we “disclose” the PI for a business purpose||Categories of third parties to whom we “sell” the PI (not technically “sale,” see “opt-out of sale” section above)|
|Identifiers||Business and personal contact information Content Registration information Feedback or correspondence Demographic information||You Social media platforms Third parties Referrals||To operate the Service For research and development To send you marketing and promotional communications To comply with law For protection of rights, fraud prevention, and safety To create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data||Affiliates Service providers Third Party Energy Providers Installers and their Partners Other Users of the Service and the Public with your consent Professional advisors Governmental authorities / private parties Business transferees||Developers using our API Advertising partners (to facilitate online advertising) Follow-on installers|
|Online Identifiers||Usage information Device data||Automatic data collection||To operate the Service For research and development To send you marketing and promotional communications To display advertisements To comply with law For protection of rights, fraud prevention, and safety To create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data||Affiliates Service providers Professional advisors Governmental authorities / private parties Business transferees||Advertising partners (to facilitate online advertising)|
|Commercial Information||Solar information Site information Financial information Transaction information Usage information||You Third parties Products||To operate the Service For research and development To send you marketing and promotional communications To comply with law For protection of rights, fraud prevention, and safety To create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data||Affiliates Service providers Professional advisors Governmental authorities / private parties Business transferees Third Party Energy Providers Installers and their Partners||Developers using our API Follow-on installers|
|Financial Information||Financial information Transaction information||You Third parties||To operate the Service To comply with law For protection of rights, fraud prevention, and safety||Affiliates Service providers Professional advisors Governmental authorities / private parties Business transferees||None|
|Internet or Network Information||Usage data Device data||Automatic data collection||To operate the Service For research and development To send you marketing and promotional communications To comply with law For protection of rights, fraud prevention, and safety To create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data||Affiliates Service providers Professional advisors Governmental authorities / private parties Business transferees||Advertising partners (to facilitate online advertising)|
|Inferences||May be derived from your: Content Profile information Registration information Feedback or correspondence Demographic information Solar information Financial information Transaction information Usage information Device data Online identifiers||You Third parties||To operate the Service For research and development To send you marketing and promotional communications To display advertisements To comply with law For protection of rights, fraud prevention and safety||Affiliates Service providers Professional advisors||None|
|Professional or employment Information|
relating to Installers
|May be derived from your: Business and personal contact information Content you choose to upload to the Service Transaction information||You Third Parties||To operate the Service To send you marketing and promotional communications To comply with law For protection of rights, fraud prevention, and safety To create anonymous, aggregated or de identified data||Enphase customers (specifically, home owners) Affiliates Service providers Professional advisors Governmental authorities / private parties Business transferees||None|
|Protected Classification Characteristics||May be derived from your: We do not intentionally collect this information but it may be revealed in identity data or other information we collect|
Important Information for European Economic Area Residents
The information provided in this section applies only to individuals in the European Economic Area.
Our representative in Europe is: Enphase Energy NL B.V.
|Processing purpose Details regarding each processing purpose listed below are provided in the section above titled “How we use your personal information”.||Legal basis|
|To operate the Service||Processing is necessary to perform the contract governing our provision of the Service or to take steps that you request prior to signing up for the Service. If we have not entered into a contract with you, we process your personal information based on our legitimate interest in providing the Service you access and request.|
|To administer events, programs, and contests For research and development To send you marketing and promotional communications To display advertisements For protection of rights, fraud prevention and safety To create anonymous, aggregated or de identified data To respond to your requests To improve our products and Services||These activities constitute our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal information for these activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).|
|To comply with law||Processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.|
|With your consent||Processing is based on your consent. Where we rely on your consent you have the right to withdraw it at any time in the manner indicated when you consent or in the Service.|
Sensitive personal information. We ask that you not provide us with any sensitive personal information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Service, or otherwise.
We retain personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements, to establish or defend legal claims, or for fraud prevention purposes.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
When we no longer require the personal information we have collected about you, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. If we anonymize your personal information (so that it can no longer be associated with you), we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
European data protection laws give you certain rights regarding your personal information. If you are located within the European Union, you may ask us to take the following actions in relation to your personal information that we hold:
- Access. Provide you with information about our processing of your personal information and give you access to your personal information.
- Correct. Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
- Delete. Delete your personal information.
- Transfer. Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice.
- Restrict. Restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Object. Object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of your personal information that impacts your rights.
You may exercise your privacy rights by any of the methods listed in the “How to Contact Us” section above. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions. If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your personal information or our response to your requests regarding your personal information, you may contact us or submit a complaint to the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction. You can find your data protection regulator here.
Cross-Border Data Transfer
If we transfer your personal information out of Europe to a country not deemed by the European Commission to provide an adequate level of personal information protection, the transfer will be performed:
- Pursuant to the recipient’s compliance with standard contractual clauses and/or Binding Corporate Rules
- Pursuant to the consent of the individual to whom the personal information pertains
- As otherwise permitted by applicable European requirements.
- You may contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal information out of Europe.
Important Information for Australian and New Zealand Users
Sensitive Information. We ask that you not provide us with any “sensitive information”. Examples of sensitive information include (without limitation, and by way of example only) information about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs or affiliation, sexual orientation, criminal record or health information.
If you do provide us with sensitive information, it will be used and disclosed by us only for the purposes for which it was provided, or a directly related secondary purpose, unless you agree otherwise or for other specific reasons such as if the use or disclosure of this information is required by law.
Anonymity and Pseudonyms. You have a right to use a pseudonym or to remain anonymous in your dealings with us and/or the Service. However, if you do not provide us with the personal information that we request, our ability to provide you with access to the Service or to handle your enquiry, request, complaint or other communication may be diminished.
Cross border disclosure. Any personal information which you provide to us may be transferred to, stored by or disclosed to an overseas recipient in order to provide the Service and our products to you (this includes storage of data on servers which are located overseas). The recipient may be in a jurisdiction that does not offer similar protections to the Privacy Laws. You expressly authorise us to disclose your personal information to overseas recipients for such purposes.
In order to protect your personal information, we take care to work with service providers and third parties who we consider maintain acceptable privacy and data security standards and compliance. In addition, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the recipient does not breach Privacy Laws when handling your personal information.
Managing Personal Information. You may:
- request access to your personal information that we hold, subject to any limitations at law; and
- request us to correct information about you that you believe is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date,
- by writing to us at the contact details below.
- If you are located in New Zealand, you may also contact us by submitting a request through the ‘AboutMe’ tool offered by the Office of the Privacy Commissioner for New Zealand accessible via the following link https://www.privacy.org.nz/tools/aboutme-request-my-info-tool/.
We may require you to verify your identity before giving you access to, or correcting, your personal information.
We will respond to requests within a reasonable period after the request is made. There is no charge to make a request, however we may charge a reasonable fee to cover the administrative costs of retrieving your personal information.
In certain circumstances, we may refuse, or be unable, to correct or provide you with access to your personal information. In these circumstances, we will write to you to explain the reasons why this is the case.
Data Breach. Where an unauthorised disclosure of, access to or loss of, personal information has occurred, we will act in accordance with our plan for responding to such an incident. If we determine that a reportable data breach has occurred in accordance with the Privacy Laws, we will report it to (as applicable):
- the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner; and/or
- the Office of the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner,
and any other entity or person, including affected individual(s), if required under Privacy Laws or other governing rules.
Queries. If you have a question or wish to make a complaint regarding how we handle your personal information, you may contact us using the details below. We will respond within a reasonable time and will use best endeavours to investigate and resolve the issue. This may involve requesting further information from you. If we need additional time, we will notify you of this (and reasons for the delay) and seek to agree a reasonable revised timeframe with you.
If we cannot resolve a complaint related to your personal information, you may direct your complaint to:
- the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner as detailed on https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints/; or
- to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner for New Zealand as detailed on https://privacy.org.nz/your-rights/making-a-complaint/.
Contact Details. We can be contacted and you may exercise your privacy rights by any of the methods listed in the “How to Contact Us” section above.
Important Information for Mexico Residents
According to Mexican legislation, you have the right to Access your personal data, request the correction or update of your personal data (Rectification); request that we delete your personal data in situations where this is possible (Cancellation); oppose the processing of your personal data for voluntary purposes or under other legitimate grounds (Opposition) (“ARCO Rights”). Likewise, you may limit the use and disclosure of your personal data or revoke the consent you have provided us for the processing of your personal data without retroactive effects.
The individual concerned can exercise these rights by contacting Enphase via the “How To Contact Us” section above.